Witch Beam’s Assault Android Cactus, a arcade-style twin stick shooter set in a vivid sci-fi universe, is now available on PC, Mac and Linux.
The game is set on a spaceship commandeered by rogue robots and it’s up to Junior Constable Cactus and her fellow android allies to blast their way through hectic and dynamically changing levels so they can find out what exactly is causing the robots to go berserk.
Assault Android Cactus rewards an aggressive style of play, its “battery mechanic.” The androids’ batteries constantly drain throughout a level, and will shut down if fully depleted, thus ending the level. The only way to restore power is by picking up batteries from fallen enemies.
- Fast paced twin stick shooting – play aggressively to stay alive
- Four modes of play including Campaign, Infinity Drive, Daily Drive and Boss Rush, all of which are playable cooperatively with up to 4 players
- Nine playable androids, each with their own distinct personality and style of play
- Dynamic stages that introduce new challenges for players to overcome, in addition to the hordes of enemy robots
- Unlockable EX features including mega weapons, a first person perspective and AI teammates
“Over these last few years, we’ve worked hard to polish and perfect Assault Android Cactus; keeping in mind everything we’ve learned from players in Early Access,” said Sanatana Mishra, director at Witch Beam. “Now that Cactus is finally out, we can’t wait to see what people think and are excited about all the new strategies they’ll develop to place crazy high scores all over the leaderboards!”